• Participants must be 16 years and over
• Prerequisite: Nil
• Please note bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable unless required by law.
• For planning purposes, participants must declare injury or condition, such as autism, which may impact their ability to successfully complete the workshop.
* Please contact Cobb+Co Museum on 07 4659 4900 to discuss your suitability for this workshop.
• Please wear long sleeves, long pants, closed in boots and bring bottled water.
• For catering purposes, please supply us with information about your allergies and intolerances on the payment page.
Learn how to create your own unique sterling silver ring under the instruction of silversmith artisan Jemica Ostrofski. You will explore techniques such as soldering, texturing and polishing, as well as sawing, drilling and forming.
Meet your tutor
This workshop is conducted by silversmith and artist Jemica Ostrofski, who draws inspiration from fashion design, costume jewellery and urban geometric form. Her goal is to create individually hand-crafted pieces that tell a story, using traditional silversmithing techniques such as hand sawing, soldering and metal texturing. Adopting an ethically responsible and environmentally friendly practice, she uses recycled, found and repurposed metals in her workshops.
Cobb&Co Museum Blacksmithing – Holly Jolly Hammering9 DecCobb+Co Museum
Join Australian Champion Blacksmith Terry Drennan for a lesson in the custom-built blacksmith shop.
Cobb+Co Museum - General AdmissionCobb+Co Museum
Experience Toowoomba's collection of colonial transport including more than 50 horse-drawn vehicles while honouring Australia’s craftsmen.
Cobb+Co Museum Fast & Furious Fun8 - 19 Jan 2024Cobb+Co Museum
Embark on an adrenaline-packed journey with Fast & Furious Fun, for children aged 5 to 12.
Cobb+Co Museum Slot Car Racing13 - 14 Jan 2024Cobb+Co Museum
Brace yourselves for the excitement of competitive racing on cutting-edge tracks and dive into the world of slot car modelling.