QTIX is a ticketing service owned and run by the Queensland Performing Arts Trust (ABN 13 967 128). References in this policy to ‘QTIX’ ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ shall be taken to mean the Queensland Performing Arts Trust trading as QTIX.
We act as the ticketing agent for various clients (QTIX Clients), which include companies providing performances and venues hosting events for which you have purchased a ticket.
We respect the privacy of personal information you may provide to us.
The way we manage your personal information is governed by Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (Act) and the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) established under the Act.
1. What is personal information?
2. Collecting personal information
2.1 What kind of personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- your name;
- your contact details (address, telephone number(s) and email address);
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transactional information you provide when you make a purchase with us (for example, credit card details, transaction history);
- any preferences you select;
- disability or other information relating to your mobility that may affect your ability to attend an event or determine the adjustments that may be required to facilitate your attendance at an event;
- personal information you provide when you commence a business relationship with us;
- records of your communications and interactions with us, including through our website; and
- any other personal information you provide when you make an inquiry, request information, use our website, enter a competition, respond to marketing, lodge a complaint, provide feedback, seek employment with QTIX or correspond with us; and
- any other information that we or a QTIX Client are required by law to collect.
2.2 Reasons for collecting your personal information
We collect your personal information to enable us to provide you with the products, services and information you request. In particular, we may collect your personal information to:
- determine your requirements in order to provide you with appropriate products and services;
- process your online purchases and issue you with tickets to events;
- notify you of changes to event details or cancelled events;
- replace and re-issue you with lost tickets;
- contact you in relation to lost property and to return lost property to you;
- provide you with information about upcoming events;
- recommend to you other services we or selected partners offer which may be of interest to you;
- process any communications you send to us (for example, responding to your queries, assessing your application for employment, and dealing with any complaints or feedback you have);
- identify you and protect you from unauthorised access to your personal information;
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised ticket onselling;
- where you have provided us with your consent - help us develop and improve the services to our QTIX Clients and customers, for example by conducting marketing and research;
- get in touch with you if we need to;
- do anything which you authorise or consent to us doing; or
- take any action we are required or authorised by law to take.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, it is generally not possible for us or the QTIX Client to provide you with the products or services you have requested (for example, for us to issue you tickets to events). Where it is lawful and practical to do so, we may allow you to deal with us anonymously.
2.3 How do we collect personal information
Wherever possible, we always try to collect personal information directly from you - for example, when you:
- become an email subscriber;
- purchase event tickets from us - either online, over the phone, at the QTIX Box Office or at one of our authorised outlets;
- request information over the internet or telephone, or use our website or interact with us through social media (such as our LinkedIn account);
- enter a competition run by us; or
- correspond with us; or
- provide us with your personal information for another purpose, in person, by email, by phone or over the internet.
We may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with, such as:
- event organisers, promoters, performance companies, venues, sponsors and our business partners to whom you have provided your personal information; and
- from time to time, providers of third party applications which collect and share information.
We may also collect personal information from third parties you refer to us. If we do so, we will assume, and you will ensure, that you have made that third party aware of the referral and the purpose(s) of the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal information. When you communicate with QTIX through social media sites or using applications provided by third parties (such as via your smart phone), we may collect your personal information from that communication. We assume that you have informed yourself of the ways in which such sites or applications can collect and disclose your personal information, and that you otherwise consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by such sites or applications (including disclosure to, and collection by, QTIX).
3. Disclosing your personal information
3.1 QTIX Clients
We will disclose your personal information to the QTIX Client for whom we act and who is putting on the performance or hosting the event you will attend. QTIX Clients will process your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies, including for the purposes of providing the event to you and to provide marketing materials to you where you have provided consent to receive such materials
3.2 Other parties to whom we may disclose your personal information
in addition to disclosing your personal information to QTIX clients as set out in 3.1 above, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our related entities and businesses;
- any entity to which we are authorised or required by law to disclose your personal information (for example, law enforcement agencies, various Federal, State or Local Government bodies and public health agencies);
- our professional advisers, contractors or other service providers we engage to carry out (or advise on) our functions and activities - for example, our ticketing software providers, our mail service contractors, marketing consultants and insurers (who may be located in Australia or overseas);
- organisations who may assist us with detecting fraud or unauthorised ticket onselling;
- social media sites or applications;
- any specific parties which we have advised you of at the time we collect your personal information; and
- with your consent (express or implied) - other entities.
The above entities may in turn disclose your personal information to any other entities as described in their privacy policies or statements.
QTIX is currently transitioning to a new ticketing software platform. The old platform will remain in place during the transition. The old QTIX database containing your and other customers’ details is a shared database. The majority of QTIX Clients have the ability to access the old database to varying degrees The majority of QTIX Clients have access for the purpose of ticketing, however, some QTIX Clients (who are either performing arts companies, government-related entities or other not for profit venues or event providers) will have access for the purposes of marketing, fundraising and customer relationship management. All QTIX Clients with access to the database are able to view your name and contact details (e.g. address, email and phone numbers) when those details are given to QTIX and entered on the database, however, all QTIX Clients are bound to only use the database for authorised purposes and at all times are answerable to QTIX in respect of their use of the database. The new QTIX database does not include the same level of shared access across QTIX Clients.
3.3 Direct marketing, subscriptions and disclosure to third parties
We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about our products and services.
By applying to become a QTIX email subscriber (including QTIX Newsletters and Event Emails, QTIX Box Office), you are taken to have consented to us sending you the requested newsletters and information, and also other information about upcoming events and other products and services offered by QTIX and its QTIX Clients.
In addition, when you create an account with us, and during many ticket transactions, we will also ask you whether you would like to receive news and offers from us and our QTIX Clients. If you answer "Yes" to receiving information from us and our QTIX Clients - you agree that QTIX Clients associated with any events you attend with QTIX tickets may send you marketing emails and other marketing communications. As and when you purchase more tickets through QTIX for events provided by more QTIX Clients, any previously provided marketing permissions will apply to benefit additional QTIX Clients, unless changed by you.
Stopping marketing and promotional material from QTIX
You may change your decision at any time in the future by contacting us (details below) or by changing your preferences in your online account. If you tell us you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional material from us, we will not send you any such material. If you change your mind in the future and wish to receive marketing or promotional material from us, please contact us. You can opt-out of customised and targeted advertising we may direct via social media sites (e.g. Facebook) by using one of many online tools such as http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
If you opt-out of our marketing activities, we will still continue to send you required service related emails, such as booking confirmation emails and tickets.
Stopping marketing and promotional material from QTIX Clients
4. Storing your personal information
QTIX will take precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
As a general rule, we store your personal information in our electronic databases. From time to time, QTIX may engage service providers to store personal information (e.g. our new ticketing software provider). Such service providers could have servers located overseas. This means that personal information may sometimes be sent overseas for storage, for example in the United Kingdom and United States of America (USA). Our new ticketing provider stores ticketing information in the USA. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our service providers are carefully chosen and have policies, procedures and systems in place to keep personal information secure.
When your personal information is no longer required and if permitted by law, we will destroy or delete it from our systems in a secure manner. However, we may be required by law to retain certain information - for example, under the Public Records Act 2002 (Qld).
If we or our QTIX Client are required by law to collect your personal information, we will store and delete that information in compliance with that law.
5. Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you wish to have access to any documents held by us which contain your personal information, please contact us (details below).
Please note that we may ask you to make your request in writing and provide us with evidence of your identity (for example, we may ask you to provide us with photo identification, such as a copy of your current driver's licence or passport).
Please also note that under some circumstances under the Act or other legislation, we may not be able to provide you with the access you have requested.
To effectively conduct our business with you, it is important that the personal information we hold about you is complete, accurate and current. At any time while we hold your personal information, we may ask you to tell us of any changes to your personal information. Alternatively, if you are aware that the personal information we hold needs to be corrected or updated, please contact us (details below). Under certain circumstances in the Act, we may not be required to correct your personal information.
Also, we may not be able to require third parties or our business partners to provide you with access to the personal information they hold about you.
If we decide not to provide you with access to or correct your personal information, we will give you reasons for our decision.
6. Dealing with QTIX online
Using our website
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of cookie and personal information we collect online. If your browser is correctly configured, it will advise you whether the information you are sending us will be secure (encrypted) or unsecure (unencrypted).
When you purchase tickets online from us, we use an industry approved 256 bit SSL Extended Validation Certificate to protect the information you transmit to us during the transaction. SSL software encrypts any information you input.
We seek to keep current with available security and encryption technology so as to maintain the effectiveness of our security systems. However, no transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and accordingly, we cannot warrant or ensure the security of any information you provide to us over the Internet. Please note that you transmit information at your own risk.
We generally do not identify you from your cookie data or link your cookie data to other personal information that we may hold about you, unless we need to troubleshoot a payment issue or provide other technology support in connection with our website.
You can set your browser to notify you when a cookie has been sent. This allows you to decide whether or not to accept or reject the cookie (although rejecting a cookie may affect your use of a website). You can disable cookies in your web browser. However, if you disable all cookies used by your browser, this may cause certain settings or information to be altered or lost and you may not be able to make full use of the QTIX website. Please note that rejecting cookies will disable your browser from purchasing tickets from our websites but you will still be able to view "information only" pages from our website. It may also cause it to not function properly or optimally or may make navigating around our website more difficult.
Site visit information
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located outside of Australia. No personally identifying information is recorded or provided to Google. If you are logged in to our website as a registered user, information about your user account is NOT linked to data recorded by Google Analytics and is NOT provided to Google.
All email messages transmitted using our website, including submitted web forms, will be treated as public records for the purposes of the Public Records Act 2002 (Qld).
Links to third party websites
7. Overseas transfer of information
QTIX will only transfer your personal information to an entity outside of Australia if:
- you agree to the transfer;
- the transfer is authorised or required under a law;
- we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that the transfer is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health, safety or welfare of an individual, or to public health, safety or welfare;
- to enable us to detect fraud or unauthorised ticket onselling; or
- Two (2) or more of the following apply:
- we reasonably believe that the recipient is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract that effectively upholds principles for the fair handling of information that are substantially similar to the IPPs;
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of our functions in relation to you;
- the transfer is for your benefit but it is not practicable to seek your agreement, and if it were practicable to seek your agreement, you would be likely to give your agreement; and
- we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we transfer will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient in a way that is inconsistent with the IPPs.
If you have a complaint about how we handled your personal information, please contact us (details below). Please note that we will ask you to lodge your complaint in writing.
- within 14 business days of receiving your complaint in writing - acknowledge receipt of your complaint; and
- within 45 business days of receiving your complaint - investigate the circumstances of your complaint and provide you with a response.
10. Our contact details
- via our: website
- in writing: The Privacy Officer, QPAC, PO Box 3567, South Bank QLD 4101